Monday, February 25, 2008

The List---yet incomplete

EVE
Adah
Zillah
Naamah

After the Flood:

Milcah
Sarai/Sarah
Hagar
Rebekah
Deborah (Rebekah's nurse)
Keturah
Judith
Basemath
Oholibamah
Mahalath
Mehetabel
Matred


These are the named women of Genesis, but not all. It bothers me. I am going to have to go back and add back the other significant women. For they are precious even though not named here. God knows their names, and we will learn their names in heaven. Until then, we will know them as Mrs. Noah, for example. I just can't leave them out. But, first I must go buy milk...

Later

2 comments:

Bob said...

My my -- you were busy today.

joyce said...

thank you for your comment. You know I have been compiling the list for a while. Blogs seem to be a good place to park thoughts and let them perculate. ripen. Easily deleted if deemed excessive later.

Thanks to you, I have the leisure to blog. Thanks to you, I have the time and means of studying and reading stuff on the pewter. Thanks for walking with me in this emptying nest phase of our lives.