Monday, February 25, 2008

What does Love look like?

First Corinthians 13 has thirteen verses. A dear lady at church gave us the assignment of reading the chapter every day for a week. I failed. But, the days I remembered, and the days I listed the concepts made for much better days. Why do I resent assignments that are good for me?? Pastor Mark also gave the assignment to read through Titus everyday. Can't very well be pugnacious when I read we are not suppose to. One day, what really leapt out at me was the word: LIVE

I like that. I need to be reminded to stop and smell the roses. Notice how the new green pine needles are so pretty in contrast to the sky blue sky. Notice how spring is here in Texas. Daffodills. Blooming trees. Buds.

Love is patient
Love is kind
Love does not envy
Love is not boastful
Love is not conceited
Love does not act improperly
Love is not selfish
Love is not provoked
Love does not keep a record of wrongs
Love finds no joy in unrighteousness
Love rejoices in the truth
Love bears all things
Love believes all things
Love hopes all things
Love endures all things
Love never ends

For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but thn I will kow fully, as I am fully known. Now these three remain: faith, confidence, and love. But the greatest of these is love. Pursue love.

No comments: