Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mrs. Clara Martin Williamson

Today is my husband's Mother's Birthday---she would be 93.  Born in 1920, but forever 33 as she is in heaven.  Can't wait to meet her.  She died just after Bob left home for the Army.  He has told me the story of what a struggle it was for her to attend his commissioning.  He has told me of stories of growing up with seven brothers and sisters, so I know she was a saint in more ways than one. 

I love the stories about how Bob's Mom was a Sunday School teacher, and how as a little boy, he was fascinated by these giggling girls.  She also played the piano, and kept the books for her husband's construction business.  I cannot imagine being the Mom of eight---and when the triplets were babies, Bart was also still in diapers. 

I wish she could see what wonderful women the triplets have become.  And what would she say to hear so many are pastors, Sunday School teachers, soldiers...among her sons, nephews, and greats. 

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Clara Martin Williamson.  She was a daughter, sister, cousin, aunt, wife, Mom, Grandmother---what a legacy. 

No comments: