Sunday, November 28, 2010

hormonal blog alert

I am thankful my "time of life" approaches. It has been a few years of skips, misses, floods, and wondering what is next.

But, what is with this bone-chilling cold? I get the sweating. I can take another shower for the sweating. But, to feel so cold and so frozen that it hurts to even get up and put on a few more layers...what is with that? I am so thankful my husband so kindly covers me with a huge, warm bedspread. I am so thankful that my husband is a warm, even hot bodied furnace between the sheets.

It used to be once a month. the chill. This bone-piercing chill would come upon me in the night where I just could not get warm. And I am a big, fat woman. I got layers of insulation. What do the ladies not so endowed do?? It is like my body is saying, so sorry. We must shut down the temperature regulating thermostat for some hormone fluxuations. Be right back. Yikes! Reboot. And put socks on and pile on the covers. A hot bath will not touch it. ha.

Only God can someday in heaven separate the wheat from the chaff...the hormones from the sin...the tides from the falls.

This has been your hormonal blog alert. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. The opinions expressed here stem from a well labelled: way too much information for most. But, so sorry, I gotta dump it somewhere as I ponder just What Was That All About.

sweating will commence in three, two, one...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my...I do understand!
I can sit under a blanket, shivering...with my feet on fire! Yep, the thermostat broke.
Hang in there...those 'they' people say it is all good one day!
I'm right there with you, Sister!
~AM

Bag Blog said...

I haven't had the cold thang yet, but I'm so sick and tired of all the other. I've been wanting to blog about it - you are a brave woman.

joyce said...

Thank you, Airman Mom! I can't wait for this to be over.

And to Bag Blog---I gotta write about it to get it out there and find out from y'all I am not crazy. So many of my friends got fixed years ago with hysterectomies and no longer have any of these bizarre symptoms.

do y'all ever have that symptom of trouble sleeping? eyes popping open at 3am? We are definitely being given more time to pray!