Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day 2007

Dishwasher is humming for the second time today. Windows are open and it is a beautiful day outside ! Wow ! And when I use the oven---it's best to have the windows open. Why, I may even set it on oven clean today so that it won't smoke so bad next time I use it. I found out the hard way that when you don't prick the potatoes before baking, they do explode.

I am not much of a gracious gift receiver. Gifts are not my love language. Honey-do-es and quality time, maybe...for instance, I can no longer reach certain spots, so it was a big gift for dear husband to shave my legs today. I bet I was the ONLY woman on the planet to get shaved legs for Christmas.

I made the soon-to-be soldier pancakes for breakfast, and we used up the ham and beans for lunch. I made awesome cornbread. muffins and a pan full to use later for cornbread dressing.

We celebrated Christmas early on Sunday afternoon when firstborn and family were here, and when the youngest son finally made it by. They love to gift each other stuff. Buying toys for THE granddaughter was fun, but at 11 months, she does not quite understand tearing paper. And what a mixed message---it is okay to tear wrapping paper, but not books or magazines??

We need to rake, but Santa did not bring a new rake, and the old one is broken.

I forwarded dear husband's You Tube of THE granddaughter spooncam as a way to wish everyone Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We will save on postage this year.

Used up the rum making another rum cake---this time with lots and lots of pecans.

I don't remember what we did for Christmas last year...but, maybe by blogging this year it will help jog my memory.

1 comment:

Bob said...

If we can't jog our memories, we can blog them, eh?