Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Perfect

Perfect

Lev22:21 And when a man offers a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD to fulfill a special vow, or for a freewill offering, of the herd or of the flock, it must be perfect to be accepted; there shall be no defect in it.

Nothing blind, fractured, maimed, nothing with running sores, nor eczema, nor scabs, nothing with testicles bruised or crushed or torn or cut,

(whoo-hoo---a Scrabble word for the pesky Z: eczema)

Vs25: nor shall you accept any such from the hand of a foreigner for offering as the food of your God; for their corruption is in them, they have a defect, they shall not be accepted for you.

Our God: Deu32 The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He.

I Chronicles 12:38 All these, being men of war, who could draw up in battle formation, came to Hebron with a perfect heart, to make David king over all Israel; and all the rest also of Israel were of one mind to make David king.

29:19 and give to my son Solomon a perfect heart to keep Thy commandments, Thy testimonies, and Thy statutes, and to do them all and to build the temple, for which I have made provision. …and the Lord highly exhalted Solomon in the sight of all Israel…

Dear Heavenly Father, Only You can protect President Bush and his family. Only you can direct him, and exhalt him. Only you can protect him from the lawyers and judges and House, and only You can give him peace and security once he retires. Please give him courage to limit spending, support the military, and face down terrorists. Your Will be done. In Jesus name, amen.

Job 35 Elihu: Wait for me a little, and I will show you That there is yet more to be said in God’s behalf. I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and I will ascribe righteousness to my Maker. For truly my words are not false, One who is perfect in knowledge is with you. Behold, God is mighty but does not despise any; He is mighty in strength of understanding. He does not keep the wicked alive, but gives justice to the afflicted. He does not withdraw His eyes from the righteous, but with kings on the throne He has seated them forever, and they are exalted. …

So, in Job, was God giving a hint as to how to use the horse in battle? Or had the horse been used that way already pre-Job??

Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul, the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Please put in the hearts of my sons a desire to hear, read, know YOUR WORD on their own. And please give Ben assurance that YOU are in control, of history, of populations, of weather, of rulers.

Vs 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.

Jesus said: Matt. 5:48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. For through the grace given to me I say to every many among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think, but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

I Corinthians 13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all the mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous, love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly, it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account of a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; LOVE bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails, but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away, if there are tongues, they will cease, if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part, but when the PERFECT come, the partial will be done away. When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child, when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face, now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. Pursue love…but let all things be done properly and in an orderly manner.

Phil 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus…and this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Phil. 3:12-15 Not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on in order that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude, and if in anything you have a different attitude, god will reveal that also to you, however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained. Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.

Join…observe…press on…

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His Glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself. …so stand firm in the Lord, my beloved.

Live in harmony in the Lord.

Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I will say, rejoice!

Let your forbearing spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. …practice these things, and the God of peace shall be with you.

Col. 3:14 And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body, and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Col 4:12 E. prayed …that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.

I Timothy 1:16 (pray with me) ..in me, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

Why look at all the verses with “perfect” in them? (Quickverse has 45 in 43 verses) Trying to grapple with the concept of perfection, and how did Jesus, being perfect, live among us and not sin? How did Jesus stay perfect surrounded by such sinners? How did He not react? How does He desire us to react to the sinners around us? He sets the standard HIGH, yet gives us the desire and the power. Where is the balance in loving with discernment, yet loving as Christ commands.

I John 4:14- And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar, for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

All the uses of “perfect” in Hebrews, does it mean, “complete”? And I should have put the star behind the word, “perfect” thusly, perfect* in order to catch all the perfected words, too. Guess I am not perfect (insert snort).

1 comment:

Bob said...

Soooo ... ECZEMA was in the stars befor it was on your rack.