Monday, May 7, 2012

Amazed and Thankful

After a much needed trip to the chiropractor today, I ventured into the Kennedale Walmart to work on the list our niece gave us.  It is fun to hunt down what missionaries need, and I consider it a quest.  The list was long and varied, but Walmart is amazing.  And with much prayer and going up and down the aisles, I found everything on the list.  Everything.  Even the sudoku puzzle books.  Even the Dickies work cap---I did not know Dickies made a work cap.  But, thankfully, this Walmart had one.  whew. 

Now to box up everything and mail it.  I have baggies on everything, as they live in a humid climate.  Thank you, Walmart.  Truly, one stop shopping.  Thank you, chiropractor for putting all my bones back so that I could go on the hunt.  And Thank You, God, for directing my steps to find some little things to maybe encourage the hearts of dear loved ones far away.  I hope they don't look at some of the silly things I added and wonder what?!   Please, Lord, let them know we care, and that we pray for them.  Please bless all our missionaries, please guide and protect them.  As this old world turns dark and mean, please infuse them with joy to attract like honey, those who are lost and discouraged.

And prayers for eight year old Cameron, suffering a fever after this last round of chemo, and possibly surgery tomorrow.  Your Will Be Done.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

No comments: