Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Can't Believe My Son Actually Did This:

During the last weeks of my daughter-in-law's pregnancy, she suffered swelling in her hands and feet and was embarrassed that she could not wear her wedding rings. She was afraid she'd lose them if she worn them on a necklace, and when I stayed with her, I suggested we buy one from Walmart. My hands change size with the temperature, and I had bought a spare at Walmart to wear when my wedding band was too tight.

When James came home, I told him how it would really mean a lot to Amber if he bought her a ring. So, one day at Walmart, they picked out a silver wedding band. The clerk was skeptical and assumed they were not married, which embarrassed Amber. And then James got down on one knee right in the middle of Walmart and asked her to marry him feeding the incredulous clerk's suspicions. Amber laughed. I think I would have punched Bob if he had pulled that on me. Yikes. Poor Amber. How will he ever make it up to her? Better yet, how can she get him back?

No comments: