Thursday, April 17, 2008

Adventures in Vacuuming

Our old "Princess" vacuum quit. It was a canister barrel shaped appliance with a power head---but the suction got weaker and weaker. It got to where I was discouraged to even try vacuuming, and our carpet became embarrasingly covered with lint and crumbs and cat hair.

I broke down and purchased a Bissell at Walmart. Wow. Let me do a Bissell commercial. For $65 I have a strong, strong vacuum and no bags, no filters. The first time I used it, I had to dump the reservoir three times on just the front hall. It picked up a gallon of dirt the same color as the front yard. Very impressive. And my husband figured out how to take it apart and clean the foam filter. Everything is washable. It is great. And we are not longer walking on filth. Ha.

One of these days I will tackle the cobwebs in the corners, too.

One of the first bloggers I started reading years ago, LaShawna Barber, at LaShawnBarber.com used to frustrate me because she rarely mentioned national news and current events. But, now, I noticed that my blog rarely comments on the world outside. My blog is more a personal daily journal.

1 comment:

Bob said...

But I'm thinkin' LaShawn probably doesn't write about vacuuming much either. Vacuuming is a fine topic. It's all in how you look at it -- especially if you write about it from the cat's perspective.