Friday, April 4, 2008

Prophecy Fulfilled

Zechariah 11:11- ...and thus the afflicted of the flock who were watching me realized that it was the word of the Lord. And I said to them, “If it is good in your sight, give me my wages, but if not, never mind!” So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages. Then the Lord said to me, “Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the Lord.

I don’t know about you, but when I read the Old Testament and New Testament, I want to be the good example, the blessed, the content, and not some prophecy of what happens when you disobey or mess up. These verses in Zechariah sure capture the spirit of what happened with Judas Iscariot. Maybe he was sick that day during Hebrew school. And hind sight is so much easier than foresight.

Yes, we get to choose. Wanna be a Judas or a Jezebel?? I don’t hear of many naming their children Judas, or Jezebel, do you?

Psalm 69 and 109 are also quoted in the prophecy fulfilled by Judas. Psalm 69 sings with references to Jesus on the Cross. And Psalm 109 also foreshadows Jesus. I wonder if Jesus knew from these Psalms that His job was to pray. And when David wrote these words, did he know they would be a prophecy and a comfort to his future son, the Savior? Well, David knows now.

No comments: