Friday, November 27, 2009

Selfish

I just love cranberry-orange-pecan relish made in the blender and sugar added to taste. I remembered to blender the whole cutie oranges in orange juice for added goodness. And I have the whole bowl to myself, as Bob does not like it. Won't need my cranberry capsules today. whew. This stuff is good for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks---and it is a race to eat the whole batch before it molds. We would not want any to go to waste, would we? Seems like James likes it, but I did not take any to Fort Sill this year. Maybe I should take him a jar on MOnday, if there is any left. I made this super soupy, though with too much orange juice. You can practically drink it. Yum.

1 bag whole fresh cranberries, washed, and soft ones thrown away.
1 cup brown sugar (or white)
4 cutie oranges, cut into fourths, and any stem removed, but peel left on.

Blenderize in the blender in batches with orange juice. Then add 1-2 cups pecans. pieces or whole. good quality ones. check for shells or debris. Refrigerate leftovers. Will keep a couple of days. Bob suggested I freeze for smoothies. freezing in the ice cube tray may be good.

1 comment:

Bob said...

It's so easy to be gracious and let you have all the cranberries.