Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What are you holding?

Genesis 21:17, 18 And God heard the lad crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven, and said to her, “What is the matter with you, Hagar? Do not fear, for God has heard the voice of the lad where he is. Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him by the hand, for I will make a great nation of him.”

Deut. 11:22 For if you are careful to keep all this commandment which I am commanding you, to do it, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and hold fast to Him, then the Lord will drive out all these nations from before you, and you will dispossess nations greater and mightier than you.

Deut. 32 (Moses’ song) …For I proclaim the name of the Lord, ascribe greatness to our God! The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice, righteous and upright is He. …He has made you and established you. …Remember the days of old…See now that I, I AM He, and there is no god besides Me; it is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded, and it is I who heal; and there is no one who can deliver from My Hand. Indeed, I lift up My Hand to heaven, and say, as I live forever, if I sharpen My flashing sword, and My Hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on My adversaries, and I will repay those who hate Me.

Joshua 22:5 Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God and walk in all His ways and keep His commandments and hold fast to Him and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Psalm 73:21-23 When my heart was embittered, and I was pierced within, then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before Thee. Nevertheless I am continually with Thee, Thou has taken hold of my right hand. With Thy counsel Thou wilt guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Isaiah 56:1 Thus says the Lord: Preserve justice, and do righteousness, for My salvation is about to come and My righteousness to be revealed. How blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who takes hold of it, who keeps from profaning the Sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.

Jeremiah 2:13 For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew for themselves cisterns, broken cistern, that can hold no water.

Matt. 6:24 No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will hold to one and despise the other. You cannot serve god and mammon.

Matt. 12:11 And He said to them: What man shall there be among you, who shall have one sheep, and if it falls into the pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it, and lift it out?

Matt. 14:31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him: O you of little faith, why did you doubt?

Mark 7:8 Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.

Luke 8:15 And the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.

Col. 1:17 And HE (Jesus) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

I Th. 5:21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil.

Rev. 2:25 Nevertheless what you have, hold fast until I come.
Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me: Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Deut. 10:20 You shall fear the Lord your God, you shall serve Him and cling to Him, and you shall swear by His name. He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen.

Deut. 13:4 You shall follow the Lord your God and fear Him; and you shall keep His commandments, listen to His voice, serve Him, and cling to Him.

Joshua 23:8 But you are to cling to the Lord your god, as you have done to this day. …the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you. So take diligent heed to yourselves to love the Lord your God.

Psalm 63:8 My soul clings to Thee, Thy right hand upholds me.
Jeremiah 13:11 For as the waistband clings to the waist of a man, so I made the whole household of Israel and the whole household of Judah cling to Me, declares the Lord, that they might be for Me a people, for renown, for praise, and for glory, but they did not listen.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father, but go to My brethren and say to them: I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.”

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good.

1 comment:

Bob said...

I'm holding onto my good wife.