Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wondering if my Mother is getting my emails...

Hey Mother, did you get this email? I sent it twice. And what was the menopause oil or vitamin you took to combat menopause symptoms? primrose oil?

Dad asked me to resend this, as he emailed that he lost it. So, here 'tis

-----Original Message-----
From: Joyce
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 1:10 PM
To:
Subject: thank you !!!

Dear Mother,

Thank YOU !!! I remember asking you a few years ago, and I thought you said you did not remember. I have read that experience, too---about super heavy periods, then stoppage. That is all I wanted to doctor to say, let's wait six months. I can stand it. Now that I know it is from a thick lining. But, no, doctors have to cover themselves with every known test known to man. I just cannot see submitting to a D&C at my age and weight. It sounds dangerous and invasive. But, the doctor won't rule out uterus cancer until they take a snip of the lining, and that doctor wanted to do a D&C. No way.

I will get another opinion. Most uterine cancer appears after menopause, too, from what I have read.

I am glad you remembered. I remember you use to have night sweats, and what vitamin did you take for that?? Primrose oil?? I have not had but a couple of night sweats but then I take the Alive multivitamin from the health food store, and B-50 from the chiropractor...

Thanks again. Warn Tina what is ahead, too. Love, Joyce

-----Original Message-----
From:
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 10:34 AM
To: Joyce
Subject: advice

Hi.
I have hesitated to say anything because you haven't asked but after
reading your blog this morning here is my experience.

Before menopause i had fibroids and one surgeon wanted to operate,
I never went back to him. I read in a health article at the time that
fibroids
usually got smaller after menopause so I decided to wait them out.

I did have several very heavy periods but after menopause that was
over also.
As the menopause stretched out over a period of a year (I was 56-57
then) the periods
got lighter and more irregular before finally stopping altogether.

You can digest this for what its worth and get good counsel from
several different
sources, then decide for yourself what is best for you.

Love, Mother

P. S. the fibroids did go away completely over time.

No comments: