Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday and Hotter than Hades

Whoa it is hot here. Temps over 100 every day. I came home from church and lunch and filled the tub with cold water and took a lukewarm bath. Felt good. This is the time of year in Texas when the water coming out of the faucets is lukewarm. We don't need hot water heaters.

James, our Army son, will be back home on Wednesday! It sure is nice of the Army to let them have a four day weekend for the 4th of July. Bob gets off Friday--the 3rd. My 53rd birthday. I think I will get a Chick-fil-A cheesecake and just keep it in the freezer for any visitors or relatives coming and going. It is so convenient, as it is already sliced and ready to go, so you can take out as many as you need and it thaws quickly.

Bob is out with Ben and James and Amber watching the new Transformer movie in the theater. Too much action for me. I like sitting here in the cool air conditioned rooms. I will have to venture out tomorrow, as I need the chiropractor to put my neck back in place. Hurts to turn to the left. I had to take tylenol just to make it through church. Must have lifted something wrong. I got a lecture last week when I went to the chiropractor. He said I was letting the stress setting into my neck and shoulders. Kinda bad for a Christian---as we are suppose to not worry. It is a sin. He recommended deep breathing exercises. And to let stuff go. That should not be hard, as I am a basically lazy person, anyway. ha

We tried out Abuleos for lunch today. I would give it another chance. But, I miss the fresh, hot tortillas of Mexican Inn. And we still need direction on who/what to do for a catorer for the reception. Or, is it catoror? Caterer? Ben suggested Chick-fil-A. They have wonderful chicken, and chicken salad, and they do trays. Angelo's does more than ribs. Moni's is close by---but I don't know. Moni's can be messy-cheesy, too.

More blather later...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woo-hoo...a son home for a long weekend is a great gift!
Enjoy!
Happy Birthday!!!
~AM