Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Was that a hot flash?

Wow. Was that a hot flash? Did I just experience my first hot flash?

I was just sitting here, all sweaty, thinking I was sweaty from turkey wrestling, and cleaning the kitchen. All of a sudden, my vision went blurry, and it felt like steam was coming out my ears! Whoa. Was that a hot flash?

Isn't that special? Just in time for my birthday! From age thirteen until age 53....maybe that stage in my life is about over. Forty-five day stretch last month, and forty so far this month... one can hope.

Good thing I was sitting down. Good thing I was too sweaty to mop the kitchen floor or I might be laid out upon it. Whew.

It wasn't low blood sugar. I ate two chicken strips for breakfast with lots of honey. It was a test, really. I wondered if Chick-fill-you-up chicken strips froze well, and re-heated okay. THEY DO! Now I know to buy extra, bring them home and freeze them, and plenty for Sunday! Why buy frozen chicken strips at the grocery store when the ingredients list weird stuff? Why not buy the real thing at Chick-fil-A and freeze them yourself. Voila'.

Update: http://www.breastcancer.org/tips/menopausal/facing/hot_flashes.jsp

What a hoot---one of their reccommendations is to stick your head in the freezer! That one made me laugh out loud. I have already been doing that in the freezer section at Walmart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_flash and MEN can get them when testosterone is toooo low. who knew?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joyce, this is Bridget Amber's sister. i just wanted to tell you that I have enjoyed your posts. I have started a blog recently.
I was just talking a a friend that didn't know what was going on, she was hot and thought she was having a heart attack. She went to the hospital. They sent her home and told her she was in the beginning of you know what. She was also around 50. I'm just around the corner. I don't think I will be as excited as you though. I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed your blog. See you soon Bridget

waitress said...

Thanks for the insite on being a mom. You are awsome. Keep it up.

joyce said...

Thanks Bridget! And thanks waitress!

I love blogging, as it is like online journalling. And living in a house of guys---it is nice to have an outlet.

Bob's blog is funnier, however: http://lostfart.blogspot.com/