Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year !

Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary to my folks. Back in 1955, on a cold January 1st in Illinois, they got married in a little Bible Church close to the farm where my mom grew up. I have seen pictures. My mom wore a teal-blue colored dress. She says it was dad's favorite color. I remember seeing the dress in some of our moves, but I think a flood did in the taffeta when I was a teenager.

We ate lunch with Bob's sister, Beth and Bonnie, and Bonnie's son, Will. Will told us about his excellent adventures in Australia.

Another beautiful day here in Texas. My sister's sons, James and George are coming to town to attend the Cotton Bowl because their college is playing in it. I have never met anyone who actually attended a Cotton Bowl game. This will be a first for me. The Cotton Bowl stadium at the state fair park was recently renovated, but next year's Cotton Bowl is going to be played at the new stadium here in Arlington. The Cotton Bowl parade and game used to be played on January 1st. I guess they finally wised up and put it on January 2nd so that they did not interfere with New Year's eve celebrations.

More later.

Later (10pm) We enjoyed more cousins, and treating everyone to Ben's favorite place, Joe's Crab Shack. Bob goes back to work tomorrow. James introduced Amber to the Serenity movie.

No comments: