Thursday, May 7, 2009

All is in readiness

The Bertolli bag is poured out into the glass dish, along with a bag of cauliflower.

The frozen rolls wait on top of the cookie sheet. All I have to do is turn on the oven at the proper time. And set the microwave going about twenty minutes before Bob gets home.

(Ben-Ben came over for supper, too! I texted him, and he was headed this way--)

I bought the oil for the van, and found the OFF bug spray hidden back in the camping department of Walmart. I should have picked up another gallon of windshield wiper fluid, as the reservoir drank all I had.

I listened to a Mars Hill message---number 4 in Nehemiah---I had always wondered about that list, too. He likens Nehemiah to keeping a journal. And the list of folks who worked on the wall got their names in the Bible for doing God's work---the most back breaking and heavy hefting of jobs. And how God uses people, and families, and how God could have miraculously brought the walls back in the blink of an eye, but instead, God used people and relationships, and how work is good. I love the daughters that are mentioned. Were these amazon women of super strength? Tomboys? Or just women with good organizational skills? Nothing is wasted in the Bible. Every word precious. Every story for our benefit.

These would have been the walls Jesus saw during His earthly ministry. These would have been the gates He entered.

No comments: