Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday, March 27

An Army uniform hangs in our closet. And a car with a Fort Sill sticker is in the drive. But, our Army son has flown to Phoenix. James' fiancee' is maid of honor at her niece's wedding.

I drove him to the airport this morning. The traffic was light at 5am. Patchy fog created the need for windshield wipers---but I could not for the life of me figure out how to turn on the rear wipers. James looked it up for me. I just don't drive the car enough in all kinds of weather.

A huge storm sits upon Colorado. Snow in Amarillo, too. Our last winter gasp?? A few more night s of using the furnace, then back into the seventies next week. This is not just a spring storm---Denver is experiencing temps in the teens. Burrr...

And now, a word about my new monitor.

Bob's laptop (#2) was agonizingly slow, and so when he ordered a new one, he warned me that a new huge monitor was coming, too. I did not NEED a new monitor. I did not ASK for a new monitor. Bob says he got a good deal. But, for what purpose? He said he could hook the new laptop into it. And of course, he just wanted to check it out and make sure it was working...

It is big. And I like big letters for my old lady eyes. And it shows movies better. And documentaries. So we re-arranged the shelving and computer desk for a more pleasing entertainment center. It was a good opportunity to attack the dust build up. Computers, monitors, and all their connecting wires attract dust like magnets. And only when things are pulled out, and sorted out, can you give everything a good scrub. I lost count of the trips to the sink to rinse out the washrag and apply more soap. Maybe in ten or twenty years there will not be the need for so many wires, and hence, dusting will be easier. Bob worked until late getting everything hooked back up. And then I showed him the cute sheep with LED lights. Have y'all seen it? It is a hoot. Go to: http://i.gizmodo.com/5172963/sheep+powered-led-display-lights-up-welsh-hillside

And if you want to see how they did it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7961889.stm

1 comment:

Bob said...

I could have put the monitor in the spare room, but it works better on your desk. Just sayin'...